Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 February 2015

TEACH 2 REACH

Not all would agree to the fact that the food provided in our mess is not so bad. It depends on the person. I have experienced one each. every month to know how the taste is and find which one best suits my taste. All these caterers look after the daily dining process in a different manner. Those many people who cook and serve us food include the hierarchical mix of owner to cook or server to the crude cleaner who tries to keep the mess as clean as possible. There’s something common that I found out in every caterers. Though they are not children and in a country where child labour is prohibited and education is encouraged, we can find many workers of my age or less probably. They are visibly to be at a school or college at this time learning their native language or English or Indian history or all those crap our educational system taught all of us in our school days. It would feel that they were and are all crap but they’d come in handy someday for everyone and moreover, the time you enjoy with your friends alongside learning is something what’s defied in these people’s case.

            I had always thought of getting to know someone among them and asking about the same. Maybe I am right and I could really lend a helping hand by one among the many ways; say for example if he is an illiterate in English, which he could develop by informal talk with a letter and a word a day basis. Or we could have an interactive session after their work if possible or a common time convenient for them so as to conduct the session which could work for the benefit of them. After all, they are one among us and they deserve to learn too and not let their youth drain itself inside the kitchen and mess alone. This can even start in an informal manner and then expand to a formal one. The only factor that stays between the realization of the idea and the failure is the enthusiasm they’d show despite the hard, hot and busy day’s work.  Why not hold hands for a better community that gives for your fellow being the right to learn through us? Or maybe I am wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me??

My photo
Calicut, Kerala, India
Scribble ... Scribble... Scribble... that's what I like :) It doesn't matter what I write, since I write what I SEE& I FEEL what I write! You could find more of personal stuff here . But you could find you in some of them ofcourse... Thanks for reading :)